Birthday Wish

P1050770

Another Lili of the Valley diecut. This time a wistful fairy, that I used for a lovely friends birthday card. I wanted to give the card an airy floaty feeling, as it was such an ethereal image, so I used a very soft backdrop of muted pink torn tissue paper, which I then matted with the stronger green and yellow colours picked out from the image. I used an X-cut corner rounder to soften the edges of the image and the mats. I glittered the fairy's wings to add to the ethereal feel using glitter magic. I really love this very fine glitter it's sparkle is fabulous. It was my first attempt at using mulberry paper flowers, so the layouts will improve with more practice I hope. I thought the colours worked well with the image though, so was pleased with that. The sentiment is Lili of the Valley simply matted with a nestabilities scalloped circle. A final touch of Emerald green gems to the bottom left and top right corners just finished this simple card. I hope you've enjoyed having a look and thanks for visiting my blog today. :)

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy