Little Dancing Birthday Girl

P1060319

This card was my second 'commission', which came from a mum at Georgie's school after she'd seen some cards I'd made for the school fair to raise some money for the school. It was for her young daughter's birthday. I was really drawn to using this picture, because her daughter looks a little like this wee cutie. So that was my starting point for inspiration. This lovely image is a pre-coloured die-cut from Lili of the Valley and comes from the 'Party Time' set. I love this range to bits. I must confess to using their lovely die-cuts a lot, especially when I'm short of time, which as a mum of two young kiddies is most of the time!! I wanted to have the image round so I could incorporate the doily and the scalloped craft paper round to mat the image, so needed to allow the little 'antennae' to pop up above the circle, which actually I think came out really well.

I love the 'craft' look on cards. So used a craft card as the base, and layed up with coloured paper and card. The sweet spotty paper is from a 6x6 Forever Friends paper pack called 'Hugs & Cuddles'. The lovely coordinating purple cardstock is from the 'Papermania Capsule Collection'. I trimmed the edge of the craft card with an X-Cut border punch 'Flower Doily' and then added a strip of white paper behind to really set it off. The lovely lavender coloured organza ribbon was one I had knocking around in my stash as was the sentiment. It was actually from a sticker set, so I matted it onto the lovely purple cardstock and backed it with silver card. I finished the card with a simple butterfly punched out of the same silver cardstock as the sentiment mat. I then added a thin wire strung with purple beads and trimmed to make it look like the antennae of the butterfly. A fun touch to finish it off I thought. I was really pleased with how this card came out and I was delighted that the mummy who commissioned it was too!

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy