Love Birds




I just love these lil' cuties. From one of my very favourite artists Sylvia Zet. Her work is divine and her wee characters so so cute. I made this card a while back for Valentines Day (not for my hubby who frankly seems to be allergic to Valentines Day!) but for a mumma at my daughter's school who wanted something a little special to give her hubby on that lovely day. Ahh, sigh, while all the rest of the world are celebrating love and what it means to have someone special in their lives. What's not to like about that?! I'll die an uncelebrated romantic I fear! LOL. Although, having bemoaned the fact that my hubby is not a fan of Valentine's Day, my talented other half has actually written me two songs (given to me on two separate Valentine Days) about not needing Valentine's Day to remind him of his love for me. Well, can't really complain about that can I? I mean, two songs, written for me! I really have no right to complain at all! :)


In my attempt to find the 'right' Valentine card for this school mum, I created three. I sadly didn't photograph the one she actually chose, which had a sweet image from a bygone era, but the other one you can find here.

Back to this wee card... I coloured the sweet love birds with my trusty Promarkers and as this was still in the early days of using them, I was really pleased with how the birds came out. I kept the rest of the card very simple to let the lovely image really star. I used a Martha Stewart 'Heart Lace' border punch for the bottom edge on the craft paper. The sentiment came with a magazine freebie, I don't recall which sadly, I will update if I track down those details. I finished it with a large sheer organza gingham bow from stash. Simple but sweet, what do you think? Thanks for looking today x

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy