The Big 4~0

P1060911

Another card that's been waiting in the wings for me to upload! I have to confess I have a few of these. I love to sit and colour and have so many images waiting to be made up into cards, and then so many that I've made up, waiting to be loaded onto my blog. Oh for just another hour in the day!!!

I made this card for my lovely sister-in-law for her 40th birthday earlier this year. I just thought a bit of pampering is what I'd like these days, so found this lovely image from JadeDragonne of a girlie relaxing in the bath, indulgent bubbles and taking time to enjoy and cuppa and a book while there! Bliss is what this represents to me, a busy mama with barely enough time for a quick shower!!! So it appealed greatly to me, to use this image for her birthday card and I made sure her birthday present was appropriately treaty too!

I've used a lovely background paper made by Larissa from the Tiddly Inks DT a while back and offered free through their blog. It just fitted perfectly with this image. It comes Black and White, so I coloured the bubbles to match the solid colour papers I was using. I did the same with the sentiment, which is from my lovely blog buddy Netty's site. Check hers out, there are loads of fabulous freebie-sentiments available on her site and loads of inspirational cards! 

The decorative corners were a gift from the lovely ladies at Dreamee's and the decorative edge is a Martha Stewart border punch. I had a lovely sheer organza ribbon in my stash, which I used to add a little sparkly touch behind the pretty blue seam binding which is from Wild Orchid Crafts. The image was coloured with my trusty Promarkers. I love them more each day!

Thanks for looking today and if you like what you've seen, do leave me a comment. Hugs, Wends xxxx


Comments

Annette said…
Fab card Wendy, Thanks for the credit on my sentiment, I'm so proud to see it on your lovely card. Love the bubble paper too, Larissa is a lovely lady and you've done a fab job with all your lovely stash.
Have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday honey.
Annette
xx
Larissa said…
Great card Wendy! Love what you did with the paper! The light blue is amazing and the combination with Annette's sentiment is perfect. :)

Hugs,
Larissa

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy