Birthday Poppet

I've had a really full day today. I feel like I've been racing from one thing to the next, which actually, I have! But it's been very special in between the racing. It's now only a couple of weeks until we leave for New Zealand, so my day has been spent catching up with people I love from this part of the world. It really is going to be so hard to say goodbye. I was sitting with one of my lovely pals tonight sharing a wine and wonderful company, just chatting, and she gave me a ribbing for not having posted her daughter's birthday card in my 'Top 12 for 2012'!! It was then that I realised I hadn't posted it at all!!! So to remedy that, here it is...

P1100607

This little poppet has a special place in my heart. She's been my son Zac's favourite playmate for the past couple of years and he talks about her and her mama constantly. So when I found this Sugar Nellie image not long before her birthday, I just knew I had to make it up into a card for her. It bears an incredible resemblance to her!

This card just kinda made itself! I so knew in my head what I wanted to achieve and before I really knew what I was doing, I had assembled all the pieces and all that remained was to stick them to the card! I love it when that happens, when the inspiration strikes and the pieces seem to organically flow together. That was very much this card. I had a spark of an idea and the rest just seemed to magically materialise, without that much conscious thought!! I had been wanting to use the lovely Spellbinders frame die for some time and this image fits it so perfectly, so that was my starting point for the design. I had a new pretty swirl die from the Cherry Lynn range too called Fanciful flourish that I'd been wanting to use, so that layered up with the pretty fabric flower I pieced together from loose elements in my flower stash and the lovely white crocheted flowers made very sweet embellishments to set off the pretty image.  I also really love the Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp ~ a birthday recipe and the pretty First Edition papers I used. I popped some muslin cloth behind the matt papers for a soft dreamy feel and finished the design with some guipure lace and some organza ribbon. 

I've entered this card into the Sugar Bowl Challenge #99 ~ Anything Goes. The gorgeous digital stamp I used for this card is available from Funky Kits and is called 'Joy' from the Sugar Nellie range.

Thanks for looking today. I hope you enjoy my wee creation. Leave me a comment if you do, I always love to read them. Hugs, Wendy xxx




Comments

Unknown said…
Love it! It should have been in your Top 12! It was perfect for Alexia and she absolutely loved it. Thanks for all your hard work on it, we will treasure it ;). Can't wait to see all your future cards. They're amazing! X
Pop's Cards said…
Good Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your colours and details too, huggles Pops x x x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy