The Waiting Days

Hard to believe how quickly time flies by, and yet I find myself wishing it away tonight! I am soooooooo missing having my crafty stash!!! Our container is due to arrive this week fingers crossed, or perhaps early next week and I'm so impatient to have my 'things'. I can live without a proper kitchen table, we're making do with old broken cups and plates, I've even survived the 3 holey airbeds and are now sleeping on a 'sink in the middle' fold out couch, but what is it I crave the most? My stash! I can't wait to get my hands on my craft stash!! I've had 2 family weddings in the last two weeks, and am about to attend my third on Friday, all of which I would have loved to have made my own card for! But alas, I just don't have my stash!! So roll on delivery day (please let it be this week!) so that I can finally get my hands back on my stash.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share with you a card I made for my sister-in-law, when she was awaiting the arrival of her firstborn late last year. I was surprised to note I hadn't posted it yet and thought it tied in well with my feelings tonight of playing the 'waiting game'. So here it is, coloured of course in my trusty Promarkers, man I love those pens! I've been missing them so much, that I even did a sneaky buy of the latest Spring/Summer colours from Letraset. Murphy's Law, they'll arrive after the container is delivered!


The image I used for this card is from an artist I discovered on Etsy. Her company is called Mayzy Art and this wedge-heal wearing mama in full bloom is called 'Mama Mina'. I just love the quirky nature of this piece and the fun loving feel of Mayzy's art. Just the feel I wanted for this card. The final weeks of pregnancy can feel so heavy and tiring, so I thought this image would be perfect for a little joyful lift. I coloured the image to tone in with some digital paper I had in mind I wanted to use. I'd seen it used on a project by my lovely blogland pal and fellow crafter Annette from Netty's Cards and just loved the colours in it. The pink and green combo is a particular favourite of mine. Thankfully Annette had put a link to Summer Driggs' beautiful digital papers site and I found it easily. If you haven't discovered this talented lady's lovely digital papers yet, go check her out at Summertime Designs.

P1090900

The sweet dragonfly die I've used above is from the Memory Box range. It's called Willow Dragonfly and you can find it at Dies To Die For. I used a lovely Spellbinders die for the mat around the image called Romantic Rectangles which you can also find at Dies To Die For. I'm loving this new set and can't wait for the stash to arrive so I can play some more! Here's a closer look at the image and mat.



I added some Glossy Accents to the wedge of the shoes and her eye. Then I used a great pearl effect pen for the jewellery, handbag clasp and to dot around the image which you can find here. This was my first attempt at this technique, having seen it done by another fellow crafter whose work totally inspires me. You can check out the master at work here for some of Pop's Tutorials.

P1090901

I can't recall where I bought these lovely paper flowers from. I've had them in my stash for so long and was delighted to be able to draw out some of the colours from Summer's lovely digital paper. I wanted to give them a little bit of dimension, so I curled back the petals on the large flowers. I layered up contrasting smaller flowers in the centre adding an organza flower on the green ones and a large flat back pearl on the pink. I also used some lovely heart shaped hat pins I had in my stash and a few strands from a spray of pearls which you can find at one of my favourite craft stores Live and Love Crafts. A few extra flat-back pearls in the corners and a hint of grosgrain ribbon and my card was done. Thanks so much for visiting today. I do so love it when you stop in! Let me know that you've been, by leaving me a message and come again real soon. Hugs, Wends xxx

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

A Little Bit Crafty ~ Anything Goes. (This is the launch of Paula Holifields new challenge blog.)
I Love Promarkers - Challenge 162 ~ What's Your Favourite Colour?
Dies to Die For - Die-ing For A Challenge ~ Spring
Party Time Tuesdays ~ #114 Ribbons and Blooms.

Comments

As.I.Do.Rodos. said…
Fabulous image and card gorgeous papers. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x
Sue said…
Such a beautiful card Wendy. I love the image, your colouring is wonderful and the papers and flowers are gorgeous.
I hope your container arrives really soon
Take care
Sue xx
Sue said…
It mean again Wendy, I forgot to say - thank you taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
Sue xx,
Janice said…
A lovely image and a super card. Hope you get your removal van soon and all your bits back! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jx
Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous huggles Pops x x x
Wishcraft said…
Fab image and love the papers - such gorgeous colours :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Chrissy said…
Hi! Wendy..thanks for leaving me a comment, glad to know another Kiwi on the 'blog'..and what a fabulous card you have, love the image and colouring, gorgeous papers and flowers...and oh! you will be glad when your container arrives, I would be having withdrawls..I'm down in Napier..

Luv CHRISSYxx
Loopylou. said…
omg Wendy how are you coping without your stash?!!! I would be all a jittery!! he he he he!!!
this card is just so cute and I LOVE those papers!!!
have an awesome day hunny
huge hugs Lou xxx
Annette said…
Oh no, I could not live without my stash either. I love your card honey, and of course I love the papers too. They are one of my all time favourites from Summer's papers, I am so glad that you have got to use them too. The image is great too. I expect that your sister loved it. Hope you get your stash soon.
Hugs
Annette
xx
Lozzy said…
Gorgeous card Wendy, love the image and the papers are gorgeous..Hope you get all sorted soon..Hugs Lozzy x
Donna Mosley said…
Beautiful card Wendy, love the fab image and gorgeous design. Hope your stash arrives very soon hun.

Donna x
Tracy said…
Oh boy crafty withdrawals are the worst. LOL Hope your goodies arrive soon and you can happily play again. This card is adorable. Those papers really are great and the image is fun. Thanks for your visit to my blog and the sweet comment you left. Hugs!
WeirdCat said…
Hope you get your stash soon, a lovely card, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
Ruth x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy