Missing My Sassy Welsh Pal

I have a CAS card today, which I made up for a lovely Welsh pal of mine who lives back in London. I've been missing my pals back 'home' so much and though I love it here in New Zealand, I do wish I wasn't on the polar opposite side of the world sometimes!

DSC_5617

This lil' cutie is from CC Designs rubber stamp range called Drozy's Darlings. I just love this one and there's another really darling one sitting on the moon. It was a toss up between the two! But this lil' cutie won out for me.

I've coloured her with my Promarkers as always and actually, apart from the skin, I used only Promarkers from the limited edition sets. I like challenging myself to work with a limited palette. I just treated myself to the latest limited edition release of Promarkers which arrived this week. I haven't even broken the seal yet! But the colours look lush and amazing, so I can't wait to get some colouring in with those. I found this well priced pack of the latest special edition Promarkers on Joanna Sheen's website. Fabulous for me, as she offers free international postage! Check her site out if you haven't before, there's often wonderful deals to be had there. 

Here's the full card, very sweet and simple.


I just added a little doodling around the edges and a lovely Magnolia sentiment stamp. I glittered the wings and added a touch of Distress Stickles in Tattered Rose to the centre of the flower for some texture. I also added glossy accents to the pen barrel and the base of her shoes. It doesn't show up well in the pics sadly, but just adds that little extra touch.

Thanks for popping in today. I hope you had a nice visit. Let me know you were here, so I can come visit you in return. I'll be popping another card up soon, so watch this space. :) Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:

A Little Bit Crafty: Clean & Simple
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
A Creative Romance: CAS Style Cards
Southern Girls Challenge: Make Believe
Crafty Calendar Challenge: Anything Goes
Less is More: #135 ~ Use A Rubber Stamp
Bearly Mine Challenges: #102 ~ Anything Goes
Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge: #68 ~ Anything Goes
Through The Craftroom Door: September 3rd - 9th ~ Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund Challenge: #81 ~ Anything Goes with a Twist of Marker


Comments

Lisa said…
Lovely CAS card Wendy! Such sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)
coops said…
so stunning wendy.fabulous cas design and i love the sentiment and pretty image :D

xx coops xx
Wow, love the soft colors here. Beautiful!
Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenge :)
Gorgeous card and perfect for our CAS challenge this month at ALBC. Thank you for playing & good luck. Jane x
Jen Nelson said…
very cute

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"
Kelly said…
beautifully done, your friend will love this sweet card. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund.
Hugs Kelly
Marcy said…
Super sweet card! The image is adorable and I love the glitter on her wings. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)
Pop's Cards said…
HI sweetie this is just gorgeous hugs Pops x x x
Nela said…
Its so gorgeous, what a lovely
image coloured so beautifully!
Thanks for playing with us at Bearly Mine Challenge!
Nela xx
Karen said…
Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge.

Karen
7 KIDS said…
Sweet card! Love the glittery wings! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!
Elise said…
Oh my gosh! This is so GORGEOUS! I love the soft pretty colors and the CAS style card you've done! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise
Unknown said…
This is so sweet, I LOVE the doodling, it finishes the card beautifully. Thanks for sharing it with us at Southern Girls Challenge
Jenny said…
So pretty! Love your card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Creative Romance. Jen xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy