Mother's Day with Dream Valley

A very exciting post for me today. It's my first post for the Dream Valley team. I'm so chuffed to have been invited to join the team and have a very sweet first post to share with you today.  

Here in New Zealand we don't celebrate Mother's Day until May 11th, so my card for my own beautiful mummy is a wee way off ready yet. But my cousin and his wife have just had their first baby and I think it's entirely appropriate to be sharing this beautiful celebration of motherhood with you, for this challenge.

12789860335_d4f9ca5b04_h

I have used one of my all time favourite 'New Baby' images from Lili of the Valley called Heaven Sent. The beautiful sentiment which I stamped straight onto the image mat, comes with this sweet stamp. It's such a great image, I feel it needs really no embellishment. So I've kept the layout very raw and honest. Just coloured with my favourite medium, my Promarker pens. I love the way these pens blend and the subtle details that are possible. The gentle shading and great range of colours! I've loved them since I first discovered them. What's your favourite colouring medium?

12789867613_d202a7a496_h

The heart border was cut with a Martha Stewart border punch and the edges on all the papers were distressed with a Tim Holtz distressing tool. The pretty patterned paper I used is Kaisercraft from the Bubblegum Hills collection.

12789948903_61e0e3cb97_h

I added a beautiful sentiment to the inside of the card for this new mummy. I've always loved this quote of Elizabeth Stone's as it really does sum up how it feels when you have children. That a little piece of you walks through this world, as freely as we let them roam, they take a piece of us with them always. Here is a close up of the text, which I printed straight from a word document on my computer. I then trimmed the paper to size and distressed the edges as I'd done on the front page.

12789935733_395cfcddf1_ha

Thanks for popping in to my blog today. I hope you're having an awesome day and enjoyed your visit. I'll have more for you soon. In the meantime, check out what my talented teamies from Dream Valley have done for this challenge too. There's bound to be some rather delicious celebrations of motherhood going on. Come join in the challenge and show us what you've done for your mothers day celebration. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Papertake Weekly: For Mum or a Girlie
I Love Promarkers: #211 ~ Pink & Brown
Sister Act Card Challenge: #49 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge: March ~ Animal Antics
Just For Fun Challenge: Easy Challenge ~ Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge: #115 ~ Mother's Day/Female Birthday/Special Lady
As You Like It: Favourite Colouring Medium (& Why) - Promarkers - reasons above.

Comments

As.I.Do.Rodos. said…
Such an adorable image beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x
Pat K said…
Gorgeous baby card Wendy with such a beautiful sentiment. Big Congrats on your new DT spot...so well deserved. hugs, Pat K x
Pia S said…
Adorable image and a great clean design, love the combination of pink and kraft. Sweet!!
Hi new teamie, love your card - so sweet!
Wendy Fraser said…
Aww, this is just adorable, love the image and the quote inside is brilliant. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers and A Gem of a Challenge xx
Mel said…
beautiful!
The only word to describe this utterly amazing card! Also a fav of mine!
Huggles Mel xx
kanatanewf said…
Absolutely adorable. I'm sure the proud parents will be delighted to receive this sweet card. Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B.
coops said…
wow this is beautiful wendy.gorgeous pretty design and i love the adorable image.huge congrats on your new DT too :D

xx coops xx
Vicky said…
WOW.........my sweet friend this is absolutely gorgeous, its sooooooooooo pretty. I love all LOTV images & this is perfection hun. Huge congrats on your DT position, so well deserved shug, they are lucky to have you.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Anonymous said…
An adorable card and a lovely sentiment ...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
Helen x
Elise said…
Congratulations on your new DT!!! Way to go and very well deserved! What a GORGEOUS card ... I so love the colors on this! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise
Loopylou. said…
awww this is just adorable hunny and O live that little punched edge,its one of my fav punches every. Huge congrats on your DT place too!
huge hugs Lou xxxx
mixamatoasties said…
This is adorable Wends. Gorgeous card. How did I miss this LotV image.... no I don't need it... no I don't need it......

My stitched circles are Lil Inkers (actually technically not mine, they belong to a friend) but I've used them a couple of times and actually they've been fine.

Susan xx

PS welcome to the team :D
Susan Renshaw said…
Thanks for joining us at Just For Fun. I love your gorgeous card - the image is adorable! Hope you will join in future challenges with us!
MagsB said…
This is just so sweet, hun! I lust after that image but I. Must. Not! buy any more LotV stamps, I have over 50 already!!! You've coloured the baby so beautifully - I love Promarkers, too, though I also use Spectrum Noirs if I want different colours - but they don't blend as well!

I hope you enjoy being at Dream Valley! If you're on Facebook, come and say hello, I'm Maggie Brinkley.

love, Mags B xxx
Sue B said…
Aww this is very sweet Wendy… such a fab image and your soft colouring is perfect! I love the pretty paper and heart border! :-)
Hugs Sue B xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy