13 Candles

Hi folks, I'm here with a post for the latest Dream Valley Challenge. It's 'Anything Goes' so lots of scope for creativity there then! Come and join us for a fun challenge.

My DT card for this challenge is one I made for my lovely nieces 13th birthday. I remember feeling that was such a 'BIG' birthday when I turned 13 and wanted to make her something 'cool'. I'd found a fantastic Etsy site to buy her a 'spirit hood' from. So I thought that this image from the fabulous Krista Smith of Saturated Canary was a perfect fit to go with that pressie.

11344358615_ac4a6940ba_b

Don't you just love that bear spirit hood? I HAD to have it, when I saw this stamp. Happens far too often, shhhh don't tell the hubby! I've inked her with my fabby Promarkers and added a dot of Glossy Accents to the bear nose. 

11344293945_61857aed88_b

I've kept the layout very simple, as I really wanted the stamp to have centre stage without too many embellishments and with a detailed sentiment didn't want to add too much else into the mix. The gorgeous papers are from the My Mind's Eye, Miss Caroline collection called Fiddlesticks. Ooh I do love these papers! I have far too many MME papers in my collection. But they're well loved and well used, so not feeling too guilty there.

PicMonkey Collage 9

Here's a close up of the sentiment which I thought was perfect for this card and comes from the same paper stack as the lovely papers. I used some pretty pink pearls to finish the card and a simple pink bow made from ribbon that I've had in my stash for a long while. The lace strip is also from stash. I cut the number 13 with my Quickutz Squeeze handheld die cutting machine using a Quickutz number and alphabet set called Moxie. I do love this doodacky for quick and little embellies.

11344596583_96061b0881_b

Well that's all I've got for you today folks. I know! I've actually managed to finish a post without writing a small novel!! Thanks for indulging me the days I do. Come on back soon as I'll have more fun makes in the next few days. But in the meantime, get on over to the Dream Valley Challenge blog and check out what fabulousness my teamies have for you. They're a super talented lot and you'll love what they've created. Catch you all again soon. Hugs, Wends xxx

Challenge Entries:
I Love Promarkers: Not Quite Straight
Just For Fun Challenge: Ribbon or Lace
A Gem of a Challenge: #118 ~ Cute & Cuddly
Sister Act Card Challenge: #55 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Inky Impressions Challenge: #157 ~ Anything Goes

Comments

Chris said…
Beautiful card! Such A sweet, image , fab colouring and design. I'm sure your niece will love it!
Chris
x
Karen Oliver said…
My word you have been a busy little bee this is gorgeous. Hadn't heard of a spirit hood before so learnt my something new for today.
Loopylou. said…
oh my, this is just so gorgeous wends, I love that paper, it would live in my stroke only cupboard!!!! he he he he!!
huge hugs Lou xxx
Teresa Kline said…
sweet card! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*
mixamatoasties said…
What a cutie! Love the image and it has worked in perfectly with your gift. I won't tell, if you don't tell that I am currently looking at a Tiddly Inks image, having bought two Simply Bettys earlier today.

Susan xx
Laney said…
Absolutely adorable!! thanks for joining us at I♥Promarkers
hugs
laney
Donna Mosley said…
Very beautiful card Wendy, love the very sweet image and pretty design.

Donna x
coops said…
so gorgeous wendy.beautiful soft colours and i love the sc image and sentiment;D

xx coops xx
Elise said…
Wow Wendy, this is STUNNING! Love these pretty soft colors that you've used to colour this darling girl!

Sending Big Hugs,
Elise
this is absolutely gorgeous
Thanks for joining us this month over at Just For Fun challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (DT for JFF)
xxxx
Pia S said…
It's a really sweet image and I think you did a great job coloring it. The soft colors of the background and details allow this image to get all the attention it deserves:)

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy