Fab 'n' Funky Fun with Kenny K

Whirlwind days right now. I'm in the thick of birthday prep as I write this and when this goes live, it will be my sweet boys fourth birthday. I just want to capture this time in a bubble. He's so gorgeous and their baby days pass so quickly! I still catch my breath on occasion and wonder how I have been so blessed. We never thought we'd be able to have one babe, let alone two! So I'm one happy mama with my sweet pigeon pair.

I have a CAS card to share with you today for our current Fab 'n' Funky challenge. Our wonderful sponsor is 'Kenny K' and we were given some fantastic images to play with. I used one I have had for the longest time and always wanted to ink up as I had a vision of how it would work with our gorgeous inspiration picture. This is what we'd like to see you draw your inspiration from when entering our challenge and how lush are these colours?!



It wasn't hard to find inspiration for this challenge, with that gorgeous colour palette and the amazing Kenny K's images. I kept my make very CAS as birthday prep is all consuming right now, but I really feel this image doesn't need much more than I've done. Hope you agree! Just a simple Lili of the Valley Sentiment and some designer paper, job done. Well almost...

14188387603_2d12428b62_b

This beauty is called Elf Queen and you can find her here at Kenny K's digital store. I've coloured her with my trusty Promarkers in shades of Eggshell Blue and Purple, with a bit of gold thrown in courtesy of my lovely limited edition 'sleigh bells' promarker and I used a gorgeous copper bronze shimmer card to mat the image and designer paper to bring in the copper/brown colour from the inspiration picture. I used some chocolate coloured pearls from Flourish with a Bling to finish the card, adding a tiny one on the sentiment strip and created a pearl corner in the bottom left of the card. I love the way these pearls come from Flourish with a Bling. The colours are rich and gorgeous and they come in a page with lots of different sizes in the one colour. So there's always the right size at hand! Love that!!

14168308155_de2b4beb5c_b

Isn't this image of Kenny's gorgeous?! She reminds me a little of Galadriel the Elven Queen from The Lord of The Rings. Though I've coloured her nothing like that on this occasion. It's all about the gorgeous colour palette and inspiration picture that our lovely Judith chose for this challenge. So I've gone all out and given her lavender hair and eyes too! Haunting but beautiful I think. I didn't want to go too bling crazy, so refrained from glittering up her dress, but I did add some Stickles to the glow around her globe and I added some Glossy Accents to her eyes and lips for a little shine. I wanted to use it on the globe too, but didn't, as I find it changes deeper colours sometimes, and I really wanted the globe to remain those colours! I'd carefully blended 3 colours to get that effect. So I added the extra bling around the image, some Liquid Pearl drops and a touch of Stickles around the image to create the 'magical aura'. 

14164972451_b76d337844_b

I hope you'll come and join us at Fab 'n' Funky for our Colour/Picture Inspiration Challenge. We're looking forward to seeing all your entries. Do pop on over and check out the amazing creations from the rest of the awesome design team too, those girls are fab! That's it from me today, I've a birthday cake to whip up! Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Inky Chicks: #29 ~ Clean & Simple
Totally Gorjuss: #235 ~ Don't Be Square
Challenges 4 Everybody: #41 ~ Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #56 ~ Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Pretty Pastels (Mauve & Aqua)
Crafting Musketeers Challenge: #13 ~ Anything But Square
Deep Ocean Challenge: #77 ~ Distressing (Distressed edges with Tim Holtz Tool)
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Things starting with 'M' (Markers, Mauve, Magic)

Comments

Loopylou. said…
ooooooooooooooh wends I love love love this! its just gorgeous, your rock the CAS hunny
huge hugs Lou xxx
Hazel said…
Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Crafting Musketeers challenge 13: anything but square, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x
Beccy said…
This is gorgeous Wends - hope your boy is having a great birthday
Beccy x
Wendy said…
Gorgeous card Wends, fabulous image and colouring.
Happy Birthday to your Son, hope you have all had a great day.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Judith said…
This is gorgeous Wendy - she reminds me of Galadriel too and this colour scheme is just perfect for her. Hope the birthday celebrations went well - I'm sure all the preparations made it just perfect! hugs Judith x
coops said…
so gorgeous wendy.i love this magical image and your colours are stunning ;D

xx coops xx
Donna Mosley said…
Gorgeous card Wendy, love the wonderful image & design.

Donna x
Wow! What a stunning card! She does indeed look like she stepped right off the set of LOTR. I love how you colored her, too. You've got great skills with those promarkers and all your careful blending efforts on the globe paid off. I also thought it was a great idea to add pattern and texture to the background using liquie pearls. Additionally, I thought the beginning of your write-up was so sweet and a tender tribute to motherhood. Great writing and a beautiful card. I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!
Unknown said…
Hi Wendy, what a stunning image and a gorgeous card! Love your colour choices.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Paptertake Weekly.

Sarah
(GDT)
Kates said…
Hi great card - Love this image! Kx
Fran said…
Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xxx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy