Dream Valley - Monochrome

The days roll by so fast lately. I've never enough hours in the day, especially for my favourite things, like crafting and snuggling on the couch watching a movie. Here we are again, ready for a new challenge at Dream Valley and our theme this time is 'Monochrome'. We're looking for all your fantastic makes featuring shades of one colour. The DT have been hard at work putting together their fantastic creations and I've chosen to use a nativity scene for my make. When I first saw this card, I thought it would be so lovely to ink it up in shades of hessian and straw, as I imagine these were the sort of colours and fabrics that would have been around in those days, certainly for those not in the affluent crowd. So I had fun coming up with a monochrome theme, which hinted at the lowly surrounds this birth really would have seen. 

11415835564_dc6495c037_b

I've used my Promarkers to ink up this gorgeous stamp, which comes from Wild Rose Studio. I've used a few Flexmarkers too, such as the spots on the wee lamby which I used my Antique White Flexmarker for. It doesn't show so well here, as so much of the colouring is very subtle. But I'll show a pic later, which is in a different light, that better shows this. All done with varying shades of brown markers with the sneaky addition of a gold for the star. I figure this is vaguely still part of the same colour family right?

11415803056_5ee66b3032_b

This sweet nativity scene deserved a special sentiment, but the one I wanted to use, was too large for the front. So I made an insert page, which I glued from the bottom, so that the top flap would be free. I inked the sentiment on that top flap, which left the inside free to write on. I just love this sentiment. It's from Stampendous and after seeing a few makes on my crafty buddy Nic's blog, using this companies fabulous stamps, I had a little spend up. This stamp and the Santa socks one, I just LOVE! Thanks Nic for the introduction. 

11415834175_9ba2b08f23_b

I used Kraft card as the base and twine rather than ribbon to embellish, to keep the look rustic and in keeping with the monochrome theme. I do love the finish of this wee card, it's a shame it hasn't come up well in the photos. Sweet, clean and simple in it's truest form. Here's a closer look at the image below, to pick up some of those lighter details, I rolled back the contrast, so the white paper looks a bit blue, sorry.

14232762930_f61137b423_b

Well, that's all there is to say about my monochrome make. Come on over to Dream Valley and join in our current challenge. Do check out the amazing creations from the rest of the DT while you're there. We love it when you let us know what you think of our creations. Have a fabulous week and thanks for popping in to see me! Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Card Mania Challenge: #49 ~ Babies
Paper Crafting Journey: Anything Goes
TSC Challenge Blog: #33 ~ Anything Goes
Art By Miran Challenge: #8 ~ Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #61 ~ Anything Goes
Fan-tastic Tuesday Challenge: #39 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge: #181 ~ Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog: #107 ~ Clean & Simple
Fairytale Stampers: #40 ~ Brown + One Colour (Kraft/Brown + Gold)

Comments

Dan said…
Lovely card, the monochrome style works so well with this cute image. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
mixamatoasties said…
Fabulous card Wends. Love it xx
Theresa said…
so cute. love it and well said on colours and your sentiment is fab. methinks i need to get it xx
Such a sweet design! Awesome image and sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps This week!
Hugs, Dangina
Monika Reeck said…
oh wooww cute Image and lovely design and the coloring is wonderful and lovely add of rope the inside also lovely nice choosing the kraft paper...great baby card..

Thanks for playing with us at Card Mania challenge with Babies theme, hope you join us again for the next challenge :)

GDT,
Monika
Lydia said…
Love your clean and simple design x thanks for linking up with us at Loves Rubberstamps x
Shelly Schmidt said…
Oh I love the image you used to create your card- and the sweet sentiment. Thanks for joining the challenge at Card Mania
Shelly GDT
coops said…
so gorgeous wendy.i love the stunning image and fab cas design :D

xx coops xx
Anonymous said…
Wow was für ein wundervolles Werk. Ich bin begeistert.
Hab lieben Dank für's mitmachen bei Fairytale Stampers
GLG Tamesis
Chris said…
A beautiful card, Wendy. Love the CAS design, the lovely image and verse are perfect together.
Chris
x
KandA said…
Gorgous card, I love the CAS style. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx
Meggi Bischoff said…
das ist eine tolle kreation.

schöne, dass du bei den fairytale stmpers mitmachst.

glg meggi
Ani said…
Very cute baby card! Thanks for playing along at Card Mania Challenges! Good luck!
Unknown said…
An adorable CAS card, Wendy.
Thanks for sharing with us at Art by Miran and good luck!
Lola said…
Such a sweet CAS - card!
I like this simple card with her craft background!

Thank you so much for joining us at Fairytale Stampers and good luck :-)

xx Karola xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy