Sweet Stampin' - Birds and/or Bees

Hey lovely blogging pals. It's time again for a new challenge over on the Sweet Stampin' blog. The DT girlies have been hard at work creating some gorgeous projects to inspire you this week. I had fun with a sweet Elisabeth Bell image, that featured some cute lil' bees. So I thought it perfect for this challenge. This lovely image is from an eBook that Elisabeth recently released and is called Honey Honey. If you've been following me a while, you'll know Distress Inks are a new adventure for me, so I'm still learning how to use them. Let's just say, I got a little carried away trying to create a sunny hue around the image! LOL. I'll go a little lighter in my approach next time I try this. It's hard to tell in the pic, but there's a blue hue around the image too.


Our sponsors for this challenge are... the Sweet Stampin' Girlies themselves! It's a surprise goody bag, and let me tell ya, you're gonna love it! So come and join in the fun with us this week, with your interpretation of our Birds & Bees challenge.


That zingy yellow ribbon was rescued from one of the kiddies Easter goodies this year and I thought would really bring the sunshiney feel I was trying to go for, into the card. The lovely border die, is from Spellbinders, which I initially wanted to use across the top, without coming down onto the image, but my backing paper was too short! So after multiple tries at alternate placement, I came up with the idea of tucking it behind the image. The sweet sentiment is an Inkadinkado called Mother, Thanks Expressions mini cling stamp and the papers are My Mind's Eye.


I'm a little behind tonight with my post, as it's been my lil' man's birthday party. Pirates and Princesses. What's not to love, when you're five?! A huge amount of time and energy went into planning and prepping the party and it was enjoyed by all, which was a real joy for me after all that hard work. Just in case you'd like a peak into what my day was about, here are a couple of pics of the Pirate fun and Piratey foods we ate.

Skull & Crossbones - Aarrgh

Little Orange Wedge Boats on Blue Jello

 The treasure chest cake before it was cut

 After the cake was cut with all the jewels (gourmet jelly beans) spilling out

So that's a little of my day, thanks for going the distance if you made it all the way down here. Hope to see some of  your fab creativity in our 'Birds & Bees' challenge and I'll be back with another crafty adventure tomorrow. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Crafty Catz Challenge: #280 ~ Kids
Loves To Scrap: #54 ~ Anything Goes
Crafts & Me Challenges: #156 ~ Circles
Creative Corner Challenge: Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge: XYZ ~ Yellow!
Dream Valley: #106 ~ Things With Wings (Hi girlies x)
Papertake Weekly: With A Heart (Little heart on the honey pot)
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges: #83 ~ Anything but a square card

Comments

Dawn T said…
beautiful card Wendy and your son's cake looks awesome. Looks like a great party too
Tracey T said…
Lovely sweet card, Wends - the DI background looks just fine to me! Wouldn't mind a birthday cake like that myself, either! Hugs xx
Chris said…
Lovely sunshine-y card Wends! Sweet image, fab design and papers, especially the honeycomb paper- so appropriate! You're really getting to grips with the distress inks now!
So glad your little lads party was such a success...and the cake was a masterpiece!
Chris
x
Becca Cruger said…
Your card is so sweet and I love the color combo! As for the party - just amazing!!! Your craftiness definitely shines through!
mixamatoasties said…
Gorgeous card Wends. And I LOVE the wee man's cake, that looks awesome!

Susan xx
What a wonderful post and some amazing creations! First off, the card turned out beautifully and I think your yellow Distress Ink work was perfect! I am able to see the blue around the girl, too, and I like the combination. She is such a sweet image, too, and you did her proud with your coloring. I am SO not a baker, but I was in complete awe of your cake and cute party preparations. How lucky that a little pirate has you in his life! Great job at making some lifelong memories and for sharing your card talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Hi Wendy, I love the super sunny feel of your card, just what the Dr ordered on a grey day like today! Super sentiment too. Your party photos look fab, am very impressed with your creations! xx
Debs said…
Adorable card Wendy - such a sweet image.
Scummy cake - such a clever idea.
Debs xx
Heather said…
This is adorable!! Such a sweet image and sentiment combo. Love the shaped panel on the top and that honeycomb paper is perfect! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.
Thordis said…
I love your card and your perfect bow. And that cake... yummi! Great to hear that the party went well... I wish you a wonderful week :)
Hugs
Thordis xx
chanya13 said…
Beautiful colours, image and layout. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Corner.
Agnieszka DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy