Southern Girls ~ Stripes

Hey there lovely crafty pals. I have a cute make to share with you today for our newest Southern Girls challenge. We are having a 'Stripes' challenge this fortnight and check out how cute this sweet Gerda Steiner image is! Krafter's Cart and Sasayaki Glitter are our lovely sponsors this time, so I've worked with some lovely ranges that Krafter's Cart stock. Here's my Autumnal creation with his cute 'Striped' Harry Potter scarf. Easy peasy huh? I think this might be a fun take on the challenge. But you can use striped paper, stamping or details on your image, whatever inspires you!


I started my creation with a gorgeous background stamp from Impression Obsession. It's using one of their 'Cover A Card' background stamps. This one is called 'Funky'. Krafter's Cart have a lovely range of IO Stamps. I used Versamark on Kraft card to create a 'watermark' effect stamp background, just to add a little interest around the frame of my image. But this shot below shows you the full beauty of this gorgeous stamp.


Krafter's Cart also have a lovely range of Gerda Steiner stamps sets in stock. I used the cute Cold Hedgehog for my creation, which I wanted to add a Harry Potter scarf to, just for fun, which was the perfect way to tie in our 'Stripes' theme this challenge. I think this lil' guy is super cute. He was really fun to colour too. I used a lovely word die from WPlus9 for the sentiment, from their Basic Greetings die set. I added a little Wink of Stella too for a touch of sparkle. The frame and 'autumn' word die are from two lovely CC Designs die sets. Make A Card #13 and Make A Card #9


I used my new copic pens to colour this cute hedgie. Which I bought so that I could do some tutorials to advance my colouring skills. I have always loved my Promarkers, but there are not a lot of classes or tutorials out there which use this medium, so I splashed out on a few copics. I've always been a diehard Promarker fan and I'm definitely not getting rid of them, but I have had fun doing these tutorials and playing with the softer brush tip of the copic markers. I don't want to spend hours perfecting colouring techniques, as I just craft for fun and relaxation, so I don't want one image to take me days to finish! But, I am enjoying having a bit more of a clue about shading and blending with copics. I've still lots of practice to do, but soon I'll share one of my tutorial pieces, as I'm about to make it up into a card.

Do head on over to our 'Stripes' challenge and see what the rest of our awesome DT got up to for this challenge. They've got some fab inspiration for you. It's such a fun and easy challenge theme, we hope you'll have a go too. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, but in the meantime, have an awesome week and watch this space for my soon to follow blog candy. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Mod Squad Challenge: Colour Me Fall
The Ribbon Girl: October Card Challenge
Cute Card Thursday: #498 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #40 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs: October ~ Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations: October ~ Autumn Glory
Deep Ocean Challenge: #165 ~ Colours of Autumn
Creative Inspirations Challenge: #281 ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #202 ~ Anything Goes + Masculine Card
Creatalicious: #124 ~ Anything Goes + Create Your Own Background

Update: I had the loveliest surprise to see I'd won the Creatalicious challenge today! Winning a gorgeous Polkadoodles prize. Yay, I love Polkadoodles. Thank you so much ladies. I'm super delighted.


Comments

Fikreta said…
Super cute card!
This is so cute and lovely colours. I am with you on the colouring I don’t have days to colour one image but love getter better at it.
What a snuggly, rugged up, hedgie Wends - love that background too!!
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Love your take on the theme Wends...and that hedgie is just adorable! A fabulous card!
Chris
x
Pat said…
What a great card Wends, that image is just so cute and your colouring is brilliant, great that you are enjoying using your new Copics.

Pat xx
Sarah said…
What a fanatabulous card Wendy, the background is stunning and I love the cute hedgie xx
Cara said…
Just gorgeous x
Judy Woodland said…
Oh my goodness, what a cute little image you have created here. He is perfectly colored, especially those stripes! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at The Mod Squad.
Judy~ Mod Squad DT and Challenge Host
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop on by and see me!

Joan said…
Cute card and an adorable hedgehog

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan
Sandy said…
Love the cute hedgie. A delightful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT
Marlies said…
A lovely card with an adorable Hedgie! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies
Wonderful colors love the image. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us over at the Crafty Creations Challenges Janine DT
Melanie said…
Come back over to our challenge blog soon.
There's a surprise waiting for you!

Hugs,
Melanie

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy