Fab 'n' Funky ~ Christmas

Hey there my crafty pals, I hope your day is going fabulously. I am popping in today to share a Christmas make with you. We endeavour each month at Fab 'n' Funky to encourage you to get ahead with Christmas crafting, so there's no mad rush at the end of the year. I have a cutie patootie card to share with you, which I haven't actually created for next Christmas, but rather is un-blogged from last. I made this for my two sweet nieces who live in Australia. One is dark haired and the other fair, so I coloured up these adorable Lili of the Valley cuties to look like them. I love how this card came out!


This adorable stamp is called Musical Christmas which appears to be out of stock now, but they still have loads of gorgeous Christmas images. My stamp is a rubber one, but I do love their digital images now. So quick and easy with instant download, no stalking the mail man!


The gorgeous background paper I used for this card is Maja Design's Gardening from their Enjoying Outdoors paper pad. I love paisley, so this super appealed to me when I saw it. I decided to draw out the plum coloured aspects of the paper, but had no paper that colour, so I used my Slate coloured Promarker to colour the edge of the background cardstock, which was originally white (yes the inside needed lining as it bled through) and coloured the white oval frame in the same Slate coloured Promarker. My image was coloured with Promarkers too.


I just LOVE this colour combo with the greens and fawns in the paper. I added the sentiment in green ink straight onto the paper. The sentiment is an older cling one from Stampendous. I thought it a nice fit for this fun pair and their musical instruments. Such a cute image! I hand stitched the patterned paper but definitely need to get thicker cotton as even with it stitched twice, it doesn't show well, so that's on the wish list! Finally a few pearls from Flourish With a Bling to finish the look and it was done. Sweet and simple!


I hope you'll come along and play with our Christmas challenge this week and get ahead on your Christmas plans for this year. I'm trying to make a couple every month. Fingers crossed I'm better prepared than last year! Do stop into the challenge and check out what my talented teamies got up to and I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Lemon Shortbread: #61 ~ Anything Goes
Not Just Cards: February ~ Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers: #353 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #76 ~ Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter: #327 ~ Things That Fly (Angels)
As You Like It: Favourite Way To Add A Sentiment ~ I love to stamp directly on the designer paper or on the image panel. Since having my stamp platform, I've been doing more and more of this (like Annette, it has made all the difference to my crafting!)

Comments

Kath said…
A fabulous card and such a cute image.
Kath x
aussie aNNie said…
Love LOTV stamps and this is just gorgeous. Beautifully designed and coloured.xx[aNNie' blog]
 ❤️
Gibmiss said…
Hello
Beautiful Card... Love the cute stamp
Hugs Sylvie xx
Pat K said…
Sweet image on this lovely card Wends xx
Sarah said…
I love This!! The colours are fantastic and I love that you have coloured the little angels for your nieces...so cute xx
Chris said…
Such a sweet and pretty card wends, a perfect make for those little girls!
Hugs
Chris
x
Pat said…
Gorgeous card Wends, love the oval frame. your image is just so cute and beautifully coloured.

Pat xx
Cara said…
This is so sweet and I love the distressing x
Furrbster said…
This is really pretty - I love the frame you have given to the image,

Thanks for playing along with us at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz
Zw@@n said…
Gorgeous card, Wendy. I love the image and the colours. GReat design too. Thank you for playing along with us at As You Like It. Hope to see you in our next challenge. Luv, Wilma
CraftyNatalie said…
Great card, very pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Sharon Noble said…
Wonderful Card love the colouring and elegance
Thank you for joining us at I Love Pro Markers Challenge Blog.
Hugs Sharon DT Member x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy